Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Some April Fun

I've officially hit a wall. I'm constantly tired. It was so bad at one point that I would sleep for like 11 hours during the night, wake up and try and get a few things done, and then have to take a nap in the afternoon. Atleast a 2 and a half hour nap. Turns out there was a reason why this was happening. I'm anemic. So I now take one more horse pill daily, but it helps so I'm happy.

My lovely cousin Stacy and Aunt Kaye were sweet enough to throw a family baby shower for me and it was so much fun and baby boy got some amazing things. My cousin has 8 month old twins and they are just precious and so silly. Playing with them just got me so excited to have a little bambino of my own. Not only that, but seeing Stac handle two little ones like it's a walk in the park, is reassuring to me that I'll be okay and will be able to handle one okay.





How cute are they?

Last weekend Jake and I took a birthing class at the hospital. We didn't really know what to expect going in but it ended up being a really good time. It was long though, started at 9 am and ended at 4:30. But we learned A LOT. The class started out with intros and some videos. And I swear to you right off the bat I was telling Jake to get me out of there. These videos were scary. They were of women laboring without any type of medication or anesthesia. (CRAZY) I don't know where they found these women but they were pretty rough and not so easy on the eyes if ya know what I'm sayin. Once that was all over then they showed a video of a women giving birth with the help of the ever-so-wonderful epidural.& It was a VERY different experience for her and I felt a lot better after watching it. My favorite part of this class was watching Jake wear the "Empathy Belly".... oh yeah. He was the first daddy in the class to man up and put it on.




Excuse my squinty eyes and non showered self. We were a little rushed that morning and it was an early wake up time for me. How cute is Jake though?
My second favorite part of the class was the multiple massage techniques that we practiced. Foot massages, scalp massages, neck, back, hips, and hands. It was wonderful. We walked out of there so extremely excited and definitely a little better prepared.

House update: The house we had in the works is no longer in the works. It was pretty traumatic for me at first but now I'm seeing that it was probably a blessing in disguise. THAT house, even though we loved it, was not for us and we are meant to be somewhere else. So we've started the process of looking for a new house and I've come to terms with the fact that we are not going to be in our new place by the time little man arrives. I can't tell you how long and hard I cried to Jake about this one. I'm starting to hit my "nesting phase" I think. I'm doing what I can to prepare and pack and get ready for this baby.... which is a little more difficult when you don't exactly have a place to live. ha. We won't be out on the street so it'll be okay. Mom and Dad have offered to shelter us if we need... depending on what we find in the next few weeks, we might take them up on that.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! and i think tuck and I took that same class preggo with Beck but it was over a couple weeks or somethin.
    and I think i can relate just a Little bit (more like a lot) about ballin my eyes out about living situations haha. But its good to realize the blessings of everything that happens.
    You are just a beautiful momma Kim! can't wait to see ya this sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't nose into your business with your birth plan, but I just felt like I should tell you how biased the hospital classes will be about natural birth... They want to turn you away from it to make the most money as fast as possible & that way they can be less involved in the process. They'd prefer to treat you as a patient on a time frame rather than one of your body's natural processes. I had a BEAUTIFUL natural birth outside of the hospital for more reasons than I choose to go into, but I just wanted to tell you that it's very possible when your are eduacted about every single thing that goes into it. All I can say is be well informed & stick to your guns of what you do or don't want. Good luck with it all! Only you can make the best decisions for you & baby!!

    ReplyDelete