Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday girl is 21 and in DC

Another adventure that I skipped was my birthday which was on December 18th. Jake surprised me with a trip to see Miami Heat (Lebron James, my boyfriend) play the Wizards in Washington DC. We left on my birthday which was a Saturday, super early in the morning. We arrived in Maryland and rented a car to take to DC. Traffic was NUTS, plus our plane was late so we didn't have as much time before the game as we had planned. Actually, we had no time at all. I got ready in the car and we went straight to the game. It was awesome. The Heat won (duh) in overtime by just 1 point. Great game.



There was this guy in the corner who was eating a 12 LB BURGER! The hamburger patty itself was something like 9 lbs, and the rest was a giant bun. It was disgusting. He was listening to techno music and just going to town on this thing. Demolishing it. And he wasn't even a big guy. Probably 185, 190 pounds is all he wieghed... and somehow he got through this thing. The deal was if he ate the entire thing before the buzzer at the end of the game, everyone in the stands could take their ticket stub and get a free burger and some local place. He sure did it and was happy as could be after. It was seriously amazing, although I did want to puke everytime they put him eating on the jumbo screen.
See what I mean?
Another super funny thing was the dance contest that they would do on timeouts and in between quarters. Lots of little kids getting in the isle and bustin' a move as well as plenty of drunk fat guys, but one stood out to us above all the others and he ended up winning the whole thing.




Good for you old man. Looks like you still have moves :)


The next day we spent just touring the city.

It was such a special birthday and a trip that I'll always remember. Now I've got to think of something just as cool for Jake's birthday! I love him. He's the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment