Friday, February 24, 2012

I ♥ DIY

Here's our Entryway before... a big, 13 ft. wall with not a lot goin on.

A whole lot of nothing

Jake with his new found love... the air compressed nail gun. A beautiful invention.


Yours truly, overseeing a job well done :)


Finished with back panel and battens, ready for paint.


Our Beloved nail gun was giving us some fits.



Before painting, I sealed in our love. (awww)



Added top ledge and wall hooks


Next we constructed our 6 ft. Cubby Bench


sanded and stained


I padded and upholstered the top.



Placed a cute baby on top to test. (just kidding, we tested it too)


And Finally we put it to use!

I plan to fill the cubbys with baskets and put Family pictures above the Board and Batten. We love how it turned out and now have no excuse to throw our coats and other crap on the floor! YAY!

3 comments:

  1. I love DIY and you!! you guys are so awesome! it looks great!!! you're gonna have to give me tips when i finally have a house :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I finally got to see this in person, seriously amazing!! Someday when I have a home, I want you to decorate it :) nicely done! Ps love the name under the paint, cute!

    ReplyDelete