Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Six Months Down

We spent Thanksgiving break in Pheonix but I don't have pictures of that yet, so I am going to post all that fun later....
The Sunday we got home it was our official 6 month anniversery. Our day was pretty hectic so I didn't even realize until the next day. And my sweet Jake remembered too :) I was out with my girlfriend Ashley browsin the mall. I got a text from Jake saying that he's making dinner, I can't eat, and that I can't come home for a couple of hours. So Ash and I stopped my parents, said hi, and waited it out. Finally, I got the go ahead to return home. As I get to the door to our apartment, I notice two things... a scarf hanging from my wreath, and a women sitting at the top of the stairs, which is our doorstep. This has nothing to do with the evening, but was still hysterical to me. She likes to sit on our stairs, I think she must smoke or something? It's freezing though, and we're pretty sure she doesn't even live in our building. But she's always very nice and she insisted on helping me tie this scarf to blindfold me before I entered the apartment. haha

So I knocked (well my lady friend) knocked four times as directed. Jake answers the door and I immediatly notice the smell of a campfire inside the apartment. He takes my boots off and puts on my slippers and sits me down. He takes off the blind fold and I see our dining table moved in the middle of the living room, fireplace burning, soft Christmas music playing, candles, flowers, dinner setting for two, and my shabby man in a dinner jacket. TOTALLY ADORABLE. I know this is probably obnoxiously detailed, but I'm really trying to paint a pictures here.

Jake serves dinner in courses. First he brings out a very nice salad and a variety of dressing choices. Once we finished that, he then brings me mashed potatoes and gravy. He tells me though that he found a recipie online and that it was supposed to taste just like KFC's potatoes and gravy... hmmmm interesting right? oh it gets better.

Then he brings out what I can tell is what he's most excited about. He pulls a cookie sheet out of the oven and places two Rodeo burgers on my plate. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I really thought I was coming home to a homecooked meal, but I knew that Jake pretty much just handles breakfast and thats about it. This was so much better because it's silly and it's him. Not only have I been begging him to take me to Burger King for a Rodeo burger for the last three weeks, he brought it home to me in style.

We ate our delicous meal and then we got comfy for the Santa Clause. The whole night was so precious and something I'll never forget I'm sure.

I took a few pictures but they're a little foggy because we about smoked out our apartment. We didn't think we had to clean out the chimney :)



Such a cute night, I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment