Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dragontales and Matchbox Cars.

So I got married at 20 years old. Believe it or not I did have a 'Life Plan' and being married young wasn't exactly in it. The plan was to shoot for a ring when I was 24, 25. After I had gotten a degree, after I had done something super amazing like backpack through Europe or something. But those who know Jake know exactly why I did it. I had to snag him up while I could! He's the man, he knows it ;) I knew and I knew early that Jake had everything I wanted, but a couple of things stood out. First of all his silliness, I definitely married a goof. Secondly was his way with kiddos. You know how sometimes guys can be real timid with little kids? Like they feel like they will break them or something. Well Jake's not. He wrestles, throws them in the air, and is just super cute. I smile everytime I see him playing with my nephew, or with little cousins, even his younger brothers. Jake is going to be the BEST dad.
And guess what......















He's getting the chance to prove me right!
We're PREGNANT!!!!!

So here's the scoop. We found out in early Oct and we both were SHOCKED and I was Freakin out a little bit. After a couple of months of mentally preparing, We're pretty much ready to shout it to the world.
I had my very first ultrasound today and it was the wildest and coolest thing I have ever seen. My Dr. was hilarious. She first felt me up and told me how big my uterus was. Then she told me it was time to see this baby. She puts all this goop on my belly and touches me with the camera. We don't see anything. (I'm thinking to myself... If I've been sick for no reason I'm going to be pissed.) She pushes just a little bit harder, and there it is....and moving. 2 arms, 2 legs, a little spinal cord, a little jaw, everything. I wasn't expecting him to look like a little person yet, but he totally does. He just looks perfect and he's really INSIDE me! We could see his heart beating so fast, literally right out of his little chest.
Jake and I wished we could have filmed it and put it to music because it looked like this kiddo was just bustin a move. I'm nervous for when he gets bigger, he's just going to beat me up.
But I'm so excited to finally feel him move.
(I keep calling it a he. We won't find out it's sex for another month or so, but for now he sounds better than it.)
I'm ten, almost eleven weeks and not really showing much. Thankfully, I haven't even gained much yet, Maybe just a couple pounds is all.
(I'm sure I'll just die laughing at this statement later...)
According to thebump baby's about the size of a prune.
I'm finally to a point where I don't feel like yacking all day so that is a beautiful thing. It's nice not feeling like I've been run over multiple times. Not only was I feelin like poo, but I was a big fat brat to poor Jake. I think he's happy I'm feeling better too :)
anyway here's baby

and a proud Papa

4 comments:

  1. Kim :) glad you posted your blog for me to find :) CONGRATS! how exciting! Life starts here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be surprised if I call you at some point in a panic. You are a pro now Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I hope that you are feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete